[QUANTITY] Data Model for Quantity v0.5

David Berry dsb at ast.man.ac.uk
Tue May 11 10:54:23 PDT 2004

Brian,

> > How can I get the necessary Mapping without the getCurrentCoordsQuantity()
> > method?
>
> 	From the locator you are using, e.g.
>
> 	Quanity axisFrame = loc.getCurrentCoordsQuantity();

So how would you modify the code example I gave, which was:

   public void GridPlotter( StandardQuantity stdQ ){
      Mapping map = stdQ.getCurrentCoordsQuantity().getMapping();

      <then proceed to use the Mapping to transform arbitrary positions
      backwards and forwards between pixel coords and current WCS coords>

   }

David

Dr David S. Berry    (dsb at ast.man.ac.uk)

STARLINK project		 |	Centre for Astrophysics
(http://www.starlink.ac.uk/)	 |	University of Central Lancashire
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory	 |	PRESTON
DIDCOT				 |	United Kingdom
United Kingdom			 |	PR1 2HE
OX11 0QX                                Tel. 01772 893733
                                             01257 273192