[QUANTITY] Data Model for Quantity v0.5

David Berry dsb at ast.man.ac.uk
Tue May 11 09:27:43 PDT 2004

Brian,

> > >   I'm not so keen on removing the getCurrent... but if others
> > >   want to I'll go along with it.

Just as an aside, the current doc does not seem to include "getCurrent"
methods in section 6.1 - an oversight since I'm sure they were intended
to be in there! [I'm looking at the version dated 2004-05-05]

> > I do not think we can manage without the getCurrent... methods can we?
>
> I believe so. In the reference package I have been fooling around with,
> I put these on the locator class, and it works fine.

Locators! Arghh! So, I am a piece of code which, given a 2-dimensional
StdQ, will draw an annotated coordinate grid covering the pixel array in
the StdQ. What coordinate system should this grid represent? It surely
makes sense for it to be the *current* coordinate system. Therefore this
code needs the Mapping from pixel coords to the current Coords Quantity,
so I do

   public void GridPlotter( StandardQuantity stdQ ){
      Mapping map = stdQ.getCurrentCoordsQuantity().getMapping();
   }

How can I get the necessary Mapping without the getCurrentCoordsQuantity()
method?

David

Dr David S. Berry    (dsb at ast.man.ac.uk)

STARLINK project		 |	Centre for Astrophysics
(http://www.starlink.ac.uk/)	 |	University of Central Lancashire
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory	 |	PRESTON
DIDCOT				 |	United Kingdom
United Kingdom			 |	PR1 2HE
OX11 0QX                                Tel. 01772 893733
                                             01257 273192