Relationship between Q and STC - Frames & Mapping

Martin Hill mchill at dial.pipex.com
Tue May 11 07:41:29 PDT 2004

Aha! Handy desk example there.

So, in my own words:

The Frames that you are proposing describe only certain characteristics
of the reference frame.  Things like origin are not included because
these need to be described in some other reference frame.  All of these
have to be included in an associated Mapping that describes such things
as origin, orientation, shear, etc but only with respect to a particular
(different) Frame.

Are these 'included in Mapping' things (origins, etc) what you have been
calling axes values?

Let's see if I have that right before commenting further... :-)

MC

--
Martin Hill
www.mchill.net