[QUANTITY] Data Model for Quantity v0.5

David Berry dsb at ast.man.ac.uk
Mon May 10 10:28:23 PDT 2004

Alberto,

> c.- What's the relationship of Q and STC?
> How are quantities going to use  STC ?

An STC document is exactly equivalent to a Frame, and could be seen as a
serialisation of a Frame. There is one complication though -  in addition
to defining a coordinate system, an STC document can also specify a
particular region within that coordinate system. Currently the Q document
does not have a model for a Region. But it could have - I'm adding one to
the AST library as we speak (when and as I get time off from other
things).

David

David S. Berry (dsb at ast.man.ac.uk)

STARLINK project		 |	Centre for Astrophysics
(http://www.starlink.ac.uk/)	 |	University of Central Lancashire
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory	 |	PRESTON
DIDCOT				 |	United Kingdom
United Kingdom			 |	PR1 2HE
OX11 0QX                                Tel. 01772 893733
                                             01257 273192