[QUANTITY] Data Model for Quantity v0.5 - more on Quantity vs assembly

David Berry dsb at ast.man.ac.uk
Mon May 10 10:17:19 PDT 2004

Martin,

> >        So what you are saying is that, just as we see Quantity as a
> > aggregated component of the Observation model, so also we should be
> > thinking about what the *components* of a Quantity are? That is, we
> > should build Quantity from a collection of component parts which are not
> > themselves Quantities (and so do not inherit from Quantity), but which
> > fulfill some specified role within the higher level Quantity model and
> > which are designed independantly of each other. The "Quantity model" would
> > then presumably define how these components are used within the context of
> > a Quantity, which are mandatory which are optional etc.
>
> Yup!

Agreement!!

David

Dr David S. Berry    (dsb at ast.man.ac.uk)

STARLINK project		 |	Centre for Astrophysics
(http://www.starlink.ac.uk/)	 |	University of Central Lancashire
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory	 |	PRESTON
DIDCOT				 |	United Kingdom
United Kingdom			 |	PR1 2HE
OX11 0QX                                Tel. 01772 893733
                                             01257 273192