[Missing Practical Stuff]

Francois Bonnarel bonnarel at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Jun 3 09:41:52 PDT 2004

Dear Ray,
<
<Actually, the RM (and thus the VOResource schema) does include the
<"Format" metadatum; when applied to a service, this is exactly what it is
<intended to say.  Metadata for a specific service may specify this in more
<detail.
<
<Nevertheless, Francois is not talking about a service but an
<"Observation".  Specifically, he is discussing specifically the format of
<some external data file.   Thus, the VOResource metadatum may not apply
<particularly well.
<
<cheers,
<Ray
<
 That's exactly what I would have answered Ray, thank you.

  But we still have to make VO Resource metadata and Observation or Qty
datamodel efforts as compatible as possible.
  Probably, The DM should look at what you have defined and try to reuse
what is possible. On the other side , VO Resource metadata, could include
"utypes" or "DM_hyperlink" towards the Observation data model when suitable.

Cheers
François

Francois   Bonnarel               Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de donnees          11, rue de l'Universite
astronomiques de Strasbourg)    F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 11       WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 25       E-mail: bonnarel at astro.u-strasbg.fr