IVOA DM WG roadmap

Jonathan McDowell jcm at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Sat Apr 10 18:01:58 PDT 2004

Dear VO DM group,
 I am overdue in giving Peter Q our roadmap for the DM WG.
Here is a sketch of the near term schedule that I foresee.
If you have comments, please send them to the list.
 - Jonathan

The VO DM roadmap
-----------------

Data Model documents:

1) Observation, Quantity draft released to WG early March
   Mapping, SpaceTimeCoords  discussion underway early April
   Discussion on VOTable UTYPEs beginning
2)  New revision of Observation, Quantity for late April
  - will include Mapping, STC details
3) Full Observation XML serialization for early May
   Source Catalogs draft: goal early May
   VOTable/data model interface draft: goal early May
4) v0.9 documents release mid-May
   Spectral standard document release in coordination with DAL group
5) Review at May Interop.
   Collect new priorization of requirements
6) Summer - complete Source Catalogs
7) ADASS timeframe:
    - v1.0 documents approved
    - implementation of class libraries and test examples