European solar data model - well worth reading

Jonathan McDowell jcm at head-cfa.cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 13 09:34:59 PDT 2003

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:41:56 -0600
From: Kevin Reardon <kreardon at arcetri.astro.it>
To: jcm at head-cfa.cfa.harvard.edu, arots at head-cfa.cfa.harvard.edu
Subject: Solar Data Model

Jonathan and Arnold,

As part of the EGSO project (a solar VO effort in Europe), we have just
completed a revision of our solar data model to be employed in
implementing our system. I would be interested in hearing your opinions
if you have a chance to take a look at the model. It is perhaps more of
a "big picture" than some of the work you are doing on quantities,
coordinates, etc. but it may be interesting nonetheless. Do you think
this might be of enough interest to circulate on the IVOA data model
mailing list?

The document can be found at:

http://www.arcetri.astro.it/~kreardon/EGSO/data.model/EGSO.Data.Model.v1.4.pdf

Thanks in advance for whatever comments you might have.

sincerely,

kevin reardon

Arcetri Astrophysical Observatory
Florence, Italy, 50125