[TRANSFORM] What is a "frame"?

Ed Shaya Edward.J.Shaya.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 5 05:51:22 PST 2003

Dave,

  I am not completely familiar with what is in this Frame object, but I
have been assuming
it is information on the reference frame.  In which case I agree.  That
is not a Quantity.
The reference frame information is metadata.  WCS, however, does provide the
keywords necessary to describe the axis.  Those keywords are the axis
Quantities, in
algorithmic or abstract form.  The reference frame info is metadata
within that Quantity.

Ed