[COVERAGE]

David Berry dsb at ast.man.ac.uk
Mon Nov 3 02:08:02 PST 2003

Pat,
    I must not have expressed myself clearly - I am all in favour of
having uniform models for things like COVERAGE. My suggestion was that
each domain (i.e. a subset of the axes, 2 for spatial, 1 for
spectral/temporal) could be described uniformly using components
representing sensitivity, resolution, sample size, and error. This seems
pretty similar to the CVO model you described - your "bounds" is my
"sensitivity", and I've not explicitly sectioned off the other items into
a separate "sampling" structure. The only substantive difference that I
can see is that I've got "error" and you have got "fill factor". I've
not problems with fill factor being added to the list.

David

Dr David S. Berry    (dsb at ast.man.ac.uk)

STARLINK project                        Centre for Astrophysics
(http://www.starlink.ac.uk/)            University of Central Lancashire
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory          PRESTON
DIDCOT                                  United Kingdom
United Kingdom                          PR1 2HE
OX11 0QX