[QUANTITY] An object- and domain-oriented proposal in UML and XML

Brian Thomas thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue May 27 10:33:02 PDT 2003

	Hi all,

	Ok, since I see others have put together proposals for the simple quantity, now
	Ed and I have also done so. What is different about this proposal? Concisely,
 	it describes an object- and domain-oriented simple quanties data model. We
 	use these technologies in order to enable a number of important requirements,
	including the ability for the quantity data model to describe data at every data
	repository using machine readable inheritable concepts/classes/standards.

	Whitepaper is available in a variety of formats from the following URLS:

	http://nvo.gsfc.nasa.gov/DataModel/VOSimpleQuantityDataModel.html
	http://nvo.gsfc.nasa.gov/DataModel/VOSimpleQuantityDataModel.doc
	http://nvo.gsfc.nasa.gov/DataModel/VOSimpleQuantityDataModel.sxw

	(where the extension tells you what you are dealing with...the last is the
    	openoffice format).

					Regards,

					=b.t.

--

  * Dr. Brian Thomas

  * Code 630.1
  * Goddard Space Flight Center NASA

  *   fax: (301) 286-1775
  * phone: (301) 286-6128

The most serious doubt that has been thrown on the authenticity of the
biblical miracles is the fact that most of the witnesses in regard to
them were fishermen.
		-- Arthur Binstead