Updated Cambridge Agenda

Jonathan McDowell jcm at head-cfa.cfa.harvard.edu
Fri May 2 13:28:03 PDT 2003

Dear DM group,

I've added a few talks to the Tuesday morning session based on titles
submitted when you registered, which have just now been passed on to me.
The plan for the meeting is more to do real work than to pontificate, so
I am allocating two hours on Tuesday morning for short presentations
which will let us all understand where the various groups are coming
from. I am allocating 15 min per 'short' talk and 25 min per 'long'
talk, and I encourage you to post related material to dm at ivoa.net prior
to the meeting so we can do our homework in advance. For convenience, I
present a few relevant URLs now:

  DM process (McDowell): http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~vo/dmtm/dmtm.html
  Canadian VO (Dowler) : http://services.cadc-ccda.hia-iha.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/doc/cvo/
  IDHA model (Louys):    http://alinda.u-strasbg.fr/IDHA/lastmodel/
  Spectral models (McDowell): I'll try and post this early next week
  Astrogrid (Giaretta):  http://wiki.astrogrid.org/pub/Astrogrid/ArchitectureDocs/domain.gif

  - Jonathan

Mon 12 May  9am Plenary:
                  -  DM WG challenges and goals (McDowell, 5 min)
            10am: -  (UCD working group)

Tue 13 May am: DM Session 1

             9am  Short presentations
		  -  DM process (McDowell, 10 min)
		  -  Modelling Generic Quantities (Plante, 15)
                  -  Canadian VO data models (Dowler, 25)
                  -  Processing in IDHA data model (Louys, 15)
                  -  Spectral data models (McDowell, 10)
                  -  Data models, Data access and software (Giaretta, 25)
                  -  Data modelling, data access and code (Gray, 15)
             11:00 -  Break
             11:20 -  General discussion
             13:00 -  Lunch

Tue 13 May pm: DM Session 2:
             14:00
                  -  Joint WG documents preparation (all)
		     Process standard;
                     Spectral standard draft?;
			any others (to be determined in Session 1)
             17:00 - adjourn to pub?

Thu 15 May   am Plenary:
                  -  WG Meeting Summary   (McDowell, 20 min)
                  -  WG Meeting Detailed Reports and Discussion (All, 1 hr?)