DM meeting minutes

Markus Dolensky Markus.Dolensky at eso.org
Mon Feb 3 12:19:27 PST 2003

Hi Pat,

This was an ad hoc meeting 'cos Mireille and Jonathan were visiting ESO
at the time. We didn't plan to have a DM meeting as such and we would
have bluntly refused to organize such a meeting just a day after the AVO
1st light event.

Maybe we should not have called it a DM meeting then - but instead
'we-just-happened-to-talk-about-DM-meeting'.

Nonetheless, we took the opportunity to get everybody available in the
building around a table and to record our notes on a web page.

And yes, it was sent out to dm at ivoa.net to raise awareness that such a
mailing list and such a web page have recently been created. The
intention was to provide a template on how to communicate things rather
than making this meeting look like a big event that nobody should have
missed.

I'm glad that news are getting across now and hope for your understanding,
Markus