Data Models in Cambridge

jcm at head-cfa.cfa.harvard.edu jcm at head-cfa.cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 8 08:24:41 PDT 2003

IVOA Data Models in Cambridge
-----------------------------

The IVOA Interoperability meeting is in Cambridge, England
on May 15-16. Prior to this, there are working group meetings
at the same location on May 12-14. I've been asked to
organize a Data Models meeting, and Roy Williams is organizing
a session on UCDs and related concepts which runs from
Monday afternoon to Wed. lunchtime. Since many of us
interested in data models are also interested in UCDs, I propose
to begin the DM sessions on Tuesday afternoon and go through
Wed. afternoon, allowing us to participate in at least the
main part of the UCD discussion. I will summarize the results
at the beginning of the Data Models session on Thursday morning.

I propose we address the following topics:

 - Data Modelling process (review of 2002 Cambridge, MA meeting)
 - Data models for photometry (immediately useful for SEDs)
 - Data models for general quantities (Ray Plante has suggested
    this as a useful reusable atom)
 - Data models for observations and images (The CDS, Alberto M.
     and Dave G. have all worked on this in the past).

Please post to the dm at ivoa.net list any comments and suggestions
for the agenda.