non vo standard listing

gilles landais gilles.landais at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Apr 22 09:16:10 CEST 2024

Dear DCP followers,

As a complement of the list of standards developed in the IVOA. I
propose to draw up a list of the non-VO standards that are represented
or used in the VO.
A number of VO standards are based on external standards (such as the VO
registry). The use of non-VO standards allows us to build on solid
foundations, to benefit from existing APIs and are also bridges linking
our framework to other science platforms, search engines and tools that
are developing in Open Data.

I added a DCP twiki page listing the standards used in the IVOA
framework but which are not VO -standards:

see https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/Externalstandard

DCP Twiki: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IvoaDCP

This list is not exhaustive, but gather some relevant standards used in
our framework, coming often from W3C (but not only).
Do not hesitate to complete the list or to report any (unintentional)
omission.

Regards,

Gilles Landais   (DCP)