Status of DOI note

Accomazzi, Alberto aaccomazzi at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 20 17:59:14 CEST 2020

Dear DCP,

Unfortunately I have not been able to attend recent IVOA meetings but have
tried to review the presentations posted on the IVOA website.  I am glad to
see that there have been continued discussions regarding the use of DOIs
for data products and a plan to create an IVOA note.  May I ask what the
status of the note is and if there is broad consensus on best practices?

One reason for the question is that I get on a somewhat regular basis
questions about this topic and would like to point to some background
discussions or proposals on the subject.

Thanks!
Alberto

--

*Alberto Accomazzi*

Program Manager and Principal Investigator

NASA Astrophysics Data System

Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian

60 Garden Street | MS 83 | Cambridge, MA 02138

ads.harvard.edu | @adsabs <https://twitter.com/adsabs> | *ui.adsabs.harvard.edu
<https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu>*

*cfa.harvard.edu <https://cfa.harvard.edu>* | Facebook
<http://cfa.harvard.edu/facebook> | Twitter <http://cfa.harvard.edu/twitter>