Preserving electronic data

Ray.Norris at csiro.au Ray.Norris at csiro.au
Mon Nov 10 13:37:01 PST 2008

As some of you are aware, I plan to set up an e-discussion on data management (and specifically, the challenges of managing petabyte databases) involving the IAU WG on data management and the IAU VO WG, in the run up to the IAU GA in Rio next year. Would there be any objection to using this email list exploder for this discussion? It will mean subscribing a further 50 or so people on to it, so I apologise to those of you who are not interested in this topic. OTOH, it could rejuvenate this list as a forum for discussing data preservation issues.

Cheers

Ray

Ray Norris
CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility
PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, Australia
Phone +61 2 9372 4416
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/RNorris/

This email is made of 100% recycled words.
Please dispose of it thoughtfully.