SCS2: POS plus RA/DEC/SR
Markus Demleitner
msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Sep 18 15:56:26 CEST 2026
Dear DAL folks,
On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 04:09:37PM -0700, Patrick Dowler via dal wrote:
> A circle parameter would have a defined (DALI) xtype and value
> serialisation and be required for SCSv2; other such params (POLYGON,
> MOC, etc) could be defined now or later and be optional. Then it comes
> down to declaring which parameter names are supported (capabilities or
> service descriptors) rather than which variants of POS are supported.
As I had said, I like Pat's idea, and thus I've made
<https://github.com/ivoa-std/SCS2/pull/9>. This
* Drops POS and introduces CIRCLE
* Makes CIRCLE support mandatory (less optional=more happiness)
* Allows the repetition of CIRCLE
* But allows clients to reject more than n CIRCLEs
* And let them declare how many CIRCLEs they are prepared to accept
in the capability extension (thus pushing the schema version to
1.2)
* And since we can do multicone in this way, I drop UPLOAD support.
What does everyone think? Please review (and please review the
remaining PRs, too)...
Thanks,
Markus
More information about the dal
mailing list