SODA erratum 3 proposal

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Jan 23 15:04:50 CET 2023

Dear all,

     This is a proposal for an erratum of the SODA 1.0 specification.

https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SODA10Err3

   Please check it and let's start the discussion.
    I wonder if this is an erratum or a real change (for SODA 1.1).

    I looked at VOTable, and although it seems reasonable, if I am not
ignoring some rather hidden text or xsd, nothing seems to require that
arraysize should follow the PARAM or FIELD arraysize.
    I addition if we do this change there is another option (as
mentioned in the associated github issue) related to the meaning of
these MIN and MAX arrays. Are the two values in MIN (resp MAX) defining
the minimum (resp maximum) length interval (which I find consistent with
the definition of BAND in that case) or the range of possible values for
the lower (resp higher) limits of the BAND interval.

Cheers

François