DataLink 1.1 : step towards PR+RFC ????

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Jan 6 18:49:21 CET 2023

Dear Dal, dear all,

       As you know we have a working draft for DataLink 1.1 since
november .... 2021 !!!

       And the discussion started on this as early as 2018, from
feedback of the first 3 years of DataLink implementation. The github
project and github DataLink repository are open since mid 2019.

       We have now first implementations in GAVO + TopCat due to Markus
and Mark T. Thanks a lot Markus and Mark !!!

       I have  completed  a summary of everything which has been done in
the new version of the Spec and of these implementations at the bottom
of the DAL DataLink-Next page. Everything is referring to the
corresponding github project issue.

       You can find this here (again low part of the page) :
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink-1_0-Next

       There is still some little changes to do in the text. I volunteer
to write this short PR. And don't hesitate to write implementations (I
am currently doing soemthing for Aladin Desktop)

        It would nice to have the RFC starting before next interop. I
think it's mature enough.

       Thoughts ?

Cheers

François