SODA erratum 3 proposal

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Feb 3 17:30:16 CET 2023

Dear DAL followers,

     I wrote this erratum proposal ten days ago, following an old issue
raised first by Alberto Micol.
     At the same time there was a merged PR in VOTable
(https://github.com/ivoa-std/VOTable/pull/30)

      which apparently discards the need for the SODA erratum.

       See the discussion between Markus and me in VOTable issue 32v
(https://github.com/ivoa-std/VOTable/issues/32)

       So Markus suggests that for BAND interval MIN is the 1D array
minimal value of both the lower and higher bound of the interval
       and that MAX is the maximum value of the same two bounds.

       In such a  way that :
                    1 ) a 2D array MIN and MAX value attribute is not
required
                    2 ) we forget the idea to have MIN as the minimal
interval and MAX the maximum interval
         However interval is an xtype so we could have specific rules in
this case as stated by the new VOTable text. So ....
        Thoughts ?

        IN any case if we follow Markus, we still have to fix the wrong
tag </VALUE> and clarify the example meaning following the new text in
VOTable
So there will still be an erratum 3 on the same example
Cheers
FRançois