Proposed SSA Errata

Dempsey, James (IM&T, Black Mountain) James.Dempsey at csiro.au
Tue Dec 5 06:27:00 CET 2023

Dear DAL community,

Back at the October 2022 interop, the Ops Interest Group raised some issues with Simple Spectra Access that were still causing services to be marked as invalid. See https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpOct2022Ops and https://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpOct2022Ops/ops-progress.pdf for the discussion.

In a belated response to that I have drafted three proposed errata for Simple Spectral Access:

  *   SSA-1.1 Erratum 3<https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SSA-1_1-Err-3>: Correct XMLNS in examples
  *   SSA-1.1 Erratum 4<https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SSA-1_1-Err-4>: Make coverage optional
  *   SSA-1.1 Erratum 5<https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SSA-1_1-Err-5>: Clarify utype prefixing
Please review the errata and if you have any concerns reply to this email or comment on the linked issues at https://github.com/ivoa-std/SSA/issues .
Cheers,
James Dempsey (he/him)
Senior Developer
Information Management & Technology  |  CSIRO
james.dempsey at csiro.au<mailto:james.dempsey at csiro.au>  |  02 6214 2912
Building 279 CSIRO Black Mountain Science and Innovation Park, Acton ACT 2600
GPO Box 1700, CANBERRA ACT 2601

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and we pay our respects to their Elders past and present.

CSIRO Australia’s National Science Agency  |  csiro.au