More UCD woes

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Thu May 5 00:12:23 CEST 2022

I am sure the intent was always to move with later versions of ObsCore, so
I think it is just that at the time we put the ref to the only existing
version. The language you quoted is certainly my attempt to just refer and
not repeat the ObsCore spec. How should we be making references so they are
forwards compatible e.g [ObsCore-1.0, ObsCore-2.0)? If we could have done
that, is this an erratum to fix it?

Practically, I can think of an way to support both versions (ObsCore is a
view already) by having an ObsCore10 view with associated metadata in
tap_schema and then having SIA2 query that view instead of ivoa.ObsCore,
but it's ugh and I think users would want/expect SIA and TAP queries of
ivoa.ObsCore to be consistent... so I'd rather allow it than do this.
Victoria, BC, Canada