Fwd: Obscore: obs_id not null requirement

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Mar 18 16:34:28 CET 2022

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	Re: Obscore: obs_id not null requirement
Date : 	Fri, 18 Mar 2022 16:26:41 +0100
De : 	BONNAREL FRANCOIS <francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr>
Pour : 	Patrick Dowler <pdowler.cadc at gmail.com>, dal at ivoa.net

Hi all,
When an observation encompass several datasets the obs_id is used to
select all datasets belonging to the same observation as Pat and
Mireille said.

When an observation encompass one single dataset, obs_id     and
obs_publisher_did may seem redundant.

However looking for the number of datasets related to a single obs-id
may help to distinguish simple and complex observations.

I find this cleaner than doing the same using the obs_id = null
criterium. How can we be sure that the "null" value is for the good
reason (as staed by Mireille)

And as Pat states it is easier to use this obs_id field to join to other
non ObsCire table where we could have other observation metadata
Cheers
François