LineTAP

Pinheiro de Castro Neves, Margarida mcneves at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Apr 29 13:39:25 CEST 2022

Hi,

>> Hello,
>>
>> Following Margarida nice presentation about LineTAP, here are some comments and questions.
>>
>> 1 - Choice of units for energy levels
>> I saw that Joule was proposed. Joule is a bit a strange unit for energy levels because 1 Joule is lot of energy whereas rotational levels or hyperfine structures contains very few energy. Using Joule means that we will have to manipulate quantities as 10E-XX where XX is a lot.

in my former answer I mistakenly read the comment about a proposal for joule for wavelength, and you’re talking about energy levels. Sorry,
please do not consider this part of my answer. I need to get more sleep :)

Margarida

—

Margarida Castro Neves

German Astrophysical Virtual Observatory (GAVO)
Astronomisches Rechen-Institut (ARI)
Zentrum für Astronomie, Universität Heidelberg  (ZAH)
Mönchhofstr. 12 - 14, 69120 Heidelberg
phone +49-6221-54-1891   fax +49-6221-54-1888
mcneves at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
http://www.ari.uni-heidelberg.de