SCS spec bug

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 22:53:47 CEST 2022

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 at 02:31, Markus Demleitner <
msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> Since I'd expect we'll go along with SCS 1.03 for a bit longer, what
> if we issued an erratum that fixed that example to
>
>   <?xml version="1.0"?>
>   <VOTABLE xmlns="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOTable/v1.3">
>     <DESCRIPTION>MAST Simple Cone Search Service</DESCRIPTION>
>             <INFO ID="Error" name="Error" value="Error in input RA value:
> as3f"/>
>     <RESOURCE/>
>   </VOTABLE>
>
> (the namespace is *the* VOTable version 1 namespace for now and
> eternity).

it seems a little odd for an erratum on a 2008 standard to change an
example to refer to a 2013 (VOTable-1.3) standard

Both standards are now far back in time and I would suspect/hope the impact
of the erratum would be negligible in practice.

Victoria, BC, Canada