about #calibration (VEP-006) : ----> IMPORTANT for DataLInk EXTENDED USAGE

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 20:26:44 CEST 2021

I agree with the intent of VEP-006 that #calibration and it's child
properties should cover the "use this raw data" use case
and that the current ambiguity will become an issue of not resolved.

I understand the "already applied" use case and that some providers will
want to provide links with the product. If that use case is "debugging" or
"QA" by a human, then the existing #auxiliary and a decent description
should suffice to support that. Providers can start there and see what
shortcomings they run into... I completely agree with Markus that when
someone actually tries to do this that we'll find out whether the use case
really is QA or something else and we can't solve it until we find out what
something else is. So, is

#auxiliary description="flat field used to calibrate this image"

sufficient to prototype the other use case(s)?

Victoria, BC, Canada