about #calibration (VEP-006) : ----> IMPORTANT for DataLInk EXTENDED USAGE

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 7 15:24:25 CEST 2021

François,

To avoid letting this stall again, since nobody else chimes in, let
me re-phrase my request over on semantics in an attempt to make it a
bit clearer.

On Mon, Oct 04, 2021 at 04:24:21PM +0200, BONNAREL FRANCOIS wrote:
> I widen the audience of this discussion to DAL mailing list because I think
> it's really important for an extension of the usage of DataLink. Rare have
[...]
> What kind of solutions can we find to solve the two use cases issue ?

Before we can evaluate solutions, we first have to understand the
problem you are trying to solve.  Which I still do not, and neither
have I understood what "extension of the usage of Datalink" you are
proposing.

As long as we are not on the same page here, this discussion will
drag on forever.  I think a clear use case would already help.  For
that, trying to fill in a template like:

  A user wants ... and does ...  The computer then uses ... and
  does...

often helps to structure things so other people understand what you
are trying to do -- of course, pseudocode is fine, too.

Based on this, could you then explain as clearly and concisely as you
can why VEP-007 impedes that use case?

Thanks,

             Markus