VOSI availability

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jun 15 15:12:50 CEST 2021

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021, Markus Demleitner wrote:

> In order to take some steps to remedy the problems pointed out in
> http://ivoa.net/documents/caproles/, I'd like to tackle the problem
> of the VOSI availability endpoint, because I think it's the clearest,
> simplest, and the one with the least legacy to keep in mind.

I don't necessarily claim to have a good overview of what
availability is/should be/could be used for, but as far as
my interaction with the VO goes:

> (1) drop a10y from VOSI.  The a10y endpoint has now been defined for
> more than 10 years, and I'm not aware of any interoperable client
> meaningfully consuming with it.  If I look at the a10y endpoints not

option (1) wouldn't cause me any problems.

--
Mark Taylor  Astronomical Programmer  Physics, Bristol University, UK
m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk          http://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/~mbt/