VEP-006, definitions of datalink/core#calibration and its descendants

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Sep 15 11:27:40 CEST 2020

Dear DAL, dear Semantics,

Here's another VEP on the Datalink vocabulary; since it's the oldest
vocabulary, I'm not yet unnerved by the fact that all our VEPs
concerned it so far, but given we're still in the validation phase of
Vocabularies 2.0, I'd like to once more invite further contributions,
possibly to other vocabularies, too.

This VEP is a bit of a novelty against what we had so far, in
that it proposes not new terms but changes to existing terms: We try
to narrow down the definitions so hopefully annotators will
consistently use them.

As usual, I'm grateful for any kind of feedback; even just one or two
+1-s would give me some indication that people have actually thought
about the proposal for a bit.  Some interactive discussion on this
can also take place during the next installment of Semantics Calls,
planned for early October [btw., minutes from last time are at
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SemanticsCalls-1].

You are also welcome to edit the VEP in Volute,
http://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/semantics/veps/VEP-006.txt
The text there at this point is what is reproduced below.

Thanks,

           Markus

Vocabulary: http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core