Vocabularising dataproduct_type

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 25 11:21:47 CET 2020

Hi François,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 06:30:46PM +0100, François Bonnarel wrote:
> You wrote "The problem at this point is non-image 2D data. If that's itching
> someone *now*, let's have a separate thread."
>
> Does that mean non-image 2D data is the problem you want to solve here, or
> on the contrary that we shoud open a new thread if we wnat to discuss that.
>
> The confusion for comes from "at this point". Why point, please ?

The point in time.

I'd suggest again that, to start off, we just take over the
product-type terms from obscore, ideally with as careful definitions
as we can make them.

If there are emergencies, where there are strong use cases that need
to be addressed *now*, we might make an exception, but I'd like to
restrict that to emergencies.  Use cases that come up in the future
should get their terms when corresponding data is there and the
discovery cases can be made in practice.

Thanks,

         Markus