DAL Running Meeting, #2 report, #3 setup

Molinaro, Marco marco.molinaro at inaf.it
Tue Jul 28 12:12:48 CEST 2020

Dear DAL,

The DAL Running Meeting #2 was held a little while ago.

Here (at the bottom) a brief report of what was discussed.
All details you can be found at:

https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IvoaDAL_RunningMeetings

To continue on the running meetings I prepared a poll for
the next one in the first week of September.
I leave the poll open till August the 17th.
Time of the meeting this time will be 13:00 UTC.

https://doodle.com/poll/ehwa9u5nvmxd5zbw

There are already topics that can fit more than the 1 hour
agenda for the meeting, including:
- DataLink templated endpoints (continued)
- ConeSearch (progress)
- ProvTAP (status)
and the follow up of the topics discussed yesterday about
DataLink service-descriptos and primary key annotations
in a TAP service.
Please use the wiki link above to suggest other topics
or simply write to dal at ivoa.net for ideas/interests.

Back to the just happened meeting.

Discussion on the location of the service-descriptor RESOURCE
within the VOTable w.r.t. the results RESOURCE will lead to an
issue on the DataLink (GitHub) repo as a follow up.

Similarly the TAP multi-column primary key topic will end up
in an issue on the TAP repo and email follow up (while we see
when to bring TAP into GitHUb).

For the ConeSearch roadmap the outcome has been to publish a
proper WD (possibly in the next days), info has been recovered
on the originating NVO specification and all-sky positional
discussion took place.

Cheers
    Marco & James

--
Marco Molinaro
INAF - Istituto Nazionale di AstroFisica
email marco.molinaro at inaf.it
tel. +39 040 3199 152