[VEP-003] datalink/core#sibling: Ready for TCG

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Feb 12 18:53:15 CET 2020

Hi all,

Le 12/02/2020 à 14:15, Markus Demleitner a écrit :
> Dear DAL,
>
> In December, we discussed about VEP-003
> (https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/semantics/veps/VEP-003.txt),
> which would add a term #sibling to the datalink vocabulary.
>
> Discussion sort of ended with
> http://mail.ivoa.net/pipermail/dal/2020-January/008257.html -- and
> now I'm not sure whether there are still doubts if #sibling should go
> ahead.  Are there?
Yes I told  you I don't think this covers all the cases where wou want
to associate a dataset to a source in a catalog.
Just because as you say below sibling means they have the same origin.
What we had in mind is something where they are simply cross-corelated.

Is CrossedDataSet something we could consider a head in branch
containing sibling, contains, followup ?
Cheers
François