Datalink

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 22:58:41 CEST 2019

The semantics column in DataLink is supposed to clarify the relationship of
the linked item with the thing with the specified ID -- so it doesn't
necessarily tell you what the resource *is* but rather how it is related.
There are cases where it looks like semantics says what something is:
preview sounds like it is saying "this is a preview" but it is really
saying "this is a preview of the #this resource".

Currently, only the contentType tells you something about what the download
is and that is admittedly not conveying this kind of detail. It could, or
another (new) column could... we should discuss a detailed example.

Victoria, BC, Canada