ADQL using reserved words in tables

Jon Juaristi Campillo juaristi at uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Nov 14 11:40:08 CET 2019

Hi Ada,

On 19/11/14 10:11, ada nebot wrote:
> Hi Gregory,
>
> Yes I have tried the ASCII double quotes (my email converted those into
> funny characters).
> It doesn’t work - at least not from TOPCAT.
>
> Cheers,
> Ada

As far as I know, although `public` is a reserved keyword it is a valid
identifier for an schema. It is the default one, which will be queried
when none is specified.

I was wondering and I tested the next queries with both TOPCAT 4.6.1 and
PyVO:

SELECT TOP 10 * from "public".hipparcos_newreduction
SELECT TOP 10 * from public.hipparcos_newreduction
SELECT TOP 10 * from hipparcos_newreduction

Only the first one failed in TOPCAT (error message being “1 unresolved
identifiers: hipparcos_newreduction”), whereas in the rest the same data
were returned.

Maybe omitting `public` might work... but it is strange.

Regards,
Jon.

--
Jon Juaristi Campillo            web:  http://gaia.ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Astronomisches Rechen-Institut   mail: juaristi at uni-heidelberg.de
Moenchhofstrasse 12-14           tel:  +49 6221 54-1849
69120 Heidelberg, Germany        fax:  +49 6221 54-1888