IVOA note on catalogue of ADQL User Defined Functions

Jon Juaristi Campillo juaristi at uni-heidelberg.de
Fri May 17 15:40:04 CEST 2019

Dear DAL,

as Grégory said in his talk yesterday and Marco on his today, I (on the
behest of Markus Demleitner) have started writing an IVOA Note regarding
the User Defined Functions used over the registry.

The document is in Volute, available here:
https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/dal/udf-catalogue/

It was initially intended for "official" functions (the ones which start
with `ivo_`. I suggested it might also be useful to add functions which
are used by other services (but not adopted by IVOA, so to speak), and
we agreed on having a separate section for them. Not many have been
foundI through the registry, namely ESO and GAVO.

Anyone is welcome to contribute. Most of the content has been grabbed
with a small script using PyVO by checking the providers' TAP capabilities.

Any feedback is more than welcome!

Safe travels and have a good weekend,
Jon.

--
Jon Juaristi Campillo            web:  http://gaia.ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Astronomisches Rechen-Institut   mail: juaristi at uni-heidelberg.de
Moenchhofstrasse 12-14           tel:  +49 6221 54-1849
69120 Heidelberg, Germany        fax:  +49 6221 54-1888