SIAv2: FORMAT?

Alberto Micol amicol at eso.org
Thu Mar 14 11:51:06 CET 2019

Many thanks François.

I think it would be useful to change the text of SIA regarding the FORMAT parameter.

SIA specifies:
"The FORMAT parameter specifies response format(s)  (the access_format column from the ObsCore [7] data model). This column describes the format of the response from the access_url (see 3.1.3<http://www.ivoa.net/documents/SIA/20151223/REC-SIA-2.0-20151223.html#bkmRefHeading200962138146524>) so the values could be data file types (e.g. application/fits) or they could be the DataLink [8] MIME type."

The initial part of the sentence mentions "response format(s)", which that greatly overlaps,
and generates confusion (at least in my mind), with the following DALI specification:
"The RESPONSEFORMAT parameter is used so the client can specify the format of the response (e.g. the output of the job)."

The SIA FORMAT and the DALI RESPONSEFORMAT are two different things, and I think that should be better clarified
in the text of the next SIA version. Could that be done?

Many thanks,
Alberto