TAP 1.1, RegTAP 1.1, xsi:type

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 13:13:13 CEST 2018

Pat, Markus, anybody else who wants to weigh in:

I'm looking at the example in PR-RegTAP-1.1-20180731 section 10.1.
It says:

   Clients only interested in [TAP] services not requiring authentication
   should now use

      SELECT ivoid, access_url
      FROM rr.capability
      NATURAL JOIN rr.interface
      WHERE standard_id like 'ivo://ivoa.net/std/tap%'
        AND intf_type='vs:paramhttp'
        AND security_method_id IS NULL

Comparing this with the sample capabilities document in PR-TAP-1.1-20180830
section 2.4, it doesn't quite make sense: the interface elements
having associated securityMethods in that example are the ones
with xsi:types of urx:Sync or urx:Async, not vs:ParamHTTP, so the
security_method_id check above is probably looking in the wrong place.

I can't tell whether this is a problem in the capabilities pattern
from TAP 1.1, or just something that needs a tweak in RegTAP 1.1,
or what.

Comments?

Mark