Home for the UWS Registry Extension?

Brian Major major.brian at gmail.com
Wed May 30 02:21:32 CEST 2018

Hi DAL, Registry and Grid,

Sorry for the wide distribution but this touches all three working groups.

An initial note for the UWS Registry Extension has been written and can be
viewed here:

    http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IvoaGridAndWebServices/UWSRegExt.pdf

It is very simple: the essence of the note is to allow registry interface
entries to 'tag' interfaces as being UWS synchronous or asynchronous
endpoints.  This is to allow implementers of UWS services (TAP is the
working example) the freedom of having separate URLs for interfaces with
various security methods (supported authentication) and to have custom URLs
for sync and async endpoints.

Comments are welcome.  There is still uncertainty about how the information
in this note should be brought in as a document for reference by TAP 1.1,
so comments on that are welcome too.

Brian