Polygon CCW winding check request

Francois-Xavier Pineau francois-xavier.pineau at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Jun 15 15:16:50 CEST 2018

After some reflexion, discussion with colleagues, and considering that we
probably want a unique way to describe a same polygon in different celestial
reference frame (i.e. we do not want to have to change the order of the
vertices
when changing the frame), here a new proposition which I believe to be
***compatible with the current definition for convex polygons*** and
which is compatible
with self-intersecting polygons.

We choose as "reference" point the centroid of the first 3 vertices
which are not on a same great-circle (mathematically,
the "reference" point p = v1+v2+v3 / ||v1+v2+v3||).
p is inside the polygon if it is located on the left of the first segment
(i.e. if (v1 x v2).p > 0), else it is outside.