TAP 1.1 authentication

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jun 12 15:58:09 CEST 2018

Hi DAL.

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018, Mark Taylor wrote on thread "Home of the UWS Registry Extension":

> I still have my doubts about whether this approach is a complete
> or optimal solution to the problem of TAP services with multiple
> security methods, but this may not be the best place to air
> those concerns.

I have written up my thoughts on this on the TAP 1.1 RFC page
http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/TAP11RFC#Comments_from_Mark_Taylor_2018_0

My comments include a call for service providers who are expecting
to have to provide authenticated TAP services in the future to look
at the relevant parts of TAP 1.1 and assess whether the current PR
fits their requirements.  If that's you, please take a look.

Mark