Arrays of geometries?

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 18:22:03 CEST 2017

An array of 4 points includes those 4 points while a polygon with 4
vertices incudes *all* the points inside or on the boundary. So the
polygon xtype says more than just an array of points. It is a sequence
of points that enclose a portion of the coordinate system (with great
circles) in a specific winding direction that defines the "inside" and
"outside". It is a set of all those points - not just the 4 listed.

Pat

Victoria, BC, Canada