TAP 1.1 comment on INTERSECTS and point-valued columns

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 19:30:57 CEST 2017

Alberto,

You can certainly implement extended functionality like that - it is
essentially overloading the function to support alternate signature
(arg type/number). There are other cases like that within ADQL but
TAPRegExt-1.0 did not include function argument types/numbers ... I
don't think we have figured out what will be needed in TAPRegExt-1.1
but since it describes TAP and query language features it has to come
at the tail end of new TAP and ADQL specs.

Pat

Victoria, BC, Canada