Simple Cone Search 1.1 - (new) internal WD

JBerthier jerome.berthier at obspm.fr
Tue Oct 10 01:41:29 CEST 2017

Dear all,

 From my point of view of CS provider (Skybot service), the key point is
the addition of the EPOCH parameter. Without this parameter, a solar
system CS service is unusable, as Skybot is in the next release of
Aladin. Moreover, with the coming of big catalogs such as Gaia, this
parameter will become mandatory to query the sky at a given epoch. One
of my ongoing project is to seek for solar system objects in the "Carte
du ciel" plates, thanks to the Gaia catalog which will allow one to get
star positions at the beginning of the XXth century with an accuracy
equivalent to Hipparcos today. Without the EPOCH parameter it will not
be possible to cross-match stars 100 years back from the reference epoch
of the catalog.

cheers
jerome

--
--- Dr. Jerome Berthier ------------------ Phone: +33 (0)14051 2261 --
     Institut de mecanique celeste            Fax: +33 (0)14633 2834 --