Simple Cone Search 1.1 - (new) internal WD

Walter Landry wlandry at caltech.edu
Mon Oct 9 23:29:51 CEST 2017

Marco Molinaro <molinaro at oats.inaf.it> wrote:
> Dear all,
> at the oncoming Interop in Santiago I will give a quick status report
> on the Simple Cone Search revision task.
>
> I just fixed a couple of sentences and typos in the internal WD built
> in July and I attach it here for you.
>
> Discussion points are still the same.
> I would say that
> 1 - ReST vs. query_param access_url
> 2 - RESOURCE type="results" and multiple RESOURCEs
> 3 - minor vs. major revision

Minor vs Major looks like you have already decided this.  The working
draft that you sent no longer mandates VOTable 1.0 or 1.1.  That
change alone will break existing clients.  So if we are actually
serious about semantic versioning, this should be SCS 2.0, not 1.1.

> are the main ones, while
> 4 - trying or not to use UCD1+

Pretty please?  We allow access to our tables via a number of
protocols (SIA2, SSA, SCS, TAP).  I really, really, really do not want
to maintain different UCD's for each protocol.

Thanks,
Walter Landry