s_region problem

Thomas Boch thomas.boch at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Nov 27 18:00:39 CET 2017

Hi all,

I would like to add my 2 cents from my perspective, as a client
application developer.

1. One thing I quite like about STC-S description is that it is
self-contained, the string by itself is sufficient for a reasonably
smart client to make something useful with it, for instance display it
on the sky.

2. I'm a bit worried that having different ways of expressing roughly
the same thing (the region on the sky covered by an observation) goes
against interoperability and makes client implementation more difficult.

Please take my comments with a grain of salt as I might not have in mind
the big picture of how DAL protocols are interlinked.

Cheers,

Thomas