s_region problem

Jesus Salgado jesus.salgado at sciops.esa.int
Mon Dec 18 17:40:24 CET 2017

Hi Alberto, all,

Also, at the ESDC, we share the statements from Alberto. If we want to
have polymorphic ways to describe
the same kind of entities (like geometry) we have to ensure that the
applications are prepared for them and
we have to justify why we are moving away from the previous defacto
standard.

In case we want to officially standardize STC-S or a similar string
format, we also consider that reusing a
format like "Well-known_text" could be an option to prevent
inconsistencies and simplify implementations.

Cheers,
Jesus

--
Jesus Salgado
ESA Astronomy Archives Technical Lead

ESAC Science Data Centre (ESDC), SCI-OPD
Data and Engineering Division, SCI-OP
Operations Department, Directorate of Science
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
European Space Agency (ESA)

ESAC - ESA Science Astronomy Centre
Camino Bajo del Castillo s/n
Urb. Villafranca del Castillo
28692 Villanueva de la Canada - Madrid        Tel: +34 91 813 12 71
SPAIN                                         Fax: +34 91 813 13 08

content is not permitted.