DALI examples and mixed content

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Mon May 23 16:17:32 CEST 2016

Markus,

thanks for these clarifications, all sounds eminently sensible.

The general approach of sticking strictly with RDFa Lite at the expense
of blocking some otherwise-useful-but-not-totally-necessary features
(@content), as well as the details you mention about how to do that,
looks good to me.

Concerning @content:

On Mon, 23 May 2016, Markus Demleitner wrote:

> > That works nicely, and it's sitting in topcat's client code.
> > However, it is actually illegal content as far as DALI-examples
> > goes, since DALI-examples mandates RDFa Lite, and @content is a feature
> > from RDFa (not-Lite).  RDFa Lite forbids use of non-Lite RDFa features.
>
> Oh my, I hadn't noticed that.  I think I'll punt the links, then,
> when taplint starts to complain about them...

so get ready ...  Actually I find the RDFa standard a bit hard to
understand on the details of this topic, but as far as I can tell
@content is forbidden at least on any element that has a @property
of significance to DALI or TAP, so I plan to complain about those.

Note that the TAP 1.1 WD currently says this:

  "When using elements with src or href attributes to carry the property
   attributes, note that the element content must be repeated in a content
   attribute, as otherwise RDFa clients would interpret the embedded link rather
   than the element content as the object in the triple."

so that text needs to be altered, at least so it does not condone
use of @content, and possibly with some other constructive advice
instead.

Mark