Cube Data Access Layer implementation note

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:51:35 CET 2016

With respect to SSA vs SODA, I did not show it but if you find a the ID of
a spectrum in our TAP service (via obscore or our own DM) you get a
datalink service descriptor and from datalink you get SODA service
descriptors with the relevant BAND parameters and you can call the SODA
service to do cutouts in that spectrum. I didn't provide such an example ID
because we're talking about the CSP goals here *but* this essentially fell
out for free and *just works* exactly as expected... and it works right now.

So, I agree with Markus' that SODA completely replaces any form of "access
data" in SSA.

Victoria, BC, Canada