VOResource 1.1: Mirrors?

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 2 15:58:45 CEST 2016

Proper mirror identification is crucial, but it requires its own metadata:

- What kind of mirror?
Identical data and identical user interface
Identical data with different interface
Subset of the data
Derived data products

- Original data source/publisher
Name the source
Provide a link to the source
Provide acknowledgment and citation information

- The most recent sync date and time
This is an issue for mirrors of evolving repositories

This information needs to be available at (and provided by)
the mirror site, but it would be helpful if it (or some of it)
were also available in the registry.

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA